I am back, 3 days later, to keep you updated about the evolution of the carving project. I worked on it on Wednesday, and I managed to advance quite a lot. As you will be able to check bellow, the bottom letters have already been carved and the outline of the Peliqueiro is almost completely carved too.
The problem of this wood is that it splinters. This means that I have to be extremely careful when working with it. I already knew that this was going to happen when I started working with this wood, it's just that I didn't think that it would be so complicated. In fact, I had quite a lot problems to carve the top and bottom letters. If I don't push the chisel deep enough into the wood when creating the outline limit, the wood will crack and splinter all across the board. For some letters, I had to use some white glue to put back in place parts that I didn't want to remove. In spite of that slight problem, the design keeps looking better and better.
After digitalizing Mari and Peliqueiro I felt happy, but still, it seemed that I needed to do something else. The answer to my feeling came on Sunday night. Minutes before falling sleep I had this idea. The idea to craft in the wood the logo of the Peliqueiro. As you can guess, it was difficult falling sleep with all this motivation in my body, I just wanted to start.
Monday. First thing in the morning, coffee. Second thing, wood carving. Bellow, I show you the results of my first day. I'm not a professional in this, in fact, I've only carved 2 times before. Plus, this is supposed to be a present for my father, so I really hope he doesn't decide to visit my webpage.